Lansing Community College
FT Assistant Professor – Mathematics Location: Lansing, MI, United States Position Number: FF9863 Posting Closes at 5 p.m. on January 31, 2020
The date after which applications are not guaranteed review is January 31, 2020.
Hours per Week: 40 Hours FT Faculty-Pay Based on FT Salary Schedule Full Pay Range for Position: $59,350 to $102,475 Number of Openings: 1 Department: Mathematics/Computer Science Position Type: Regular Position Level: FT Faculty-MD Bargaining Unit: MAHE (Michigan Association for Higher Education)
Job Summary and Description
Teach courses in Mathematics with a focus on Math for Liberal Arts and Introductory Statistics, consistent with current developments in the discipline and teaching methods. Participate in program/department meetings and divisional/college-wide committees with a focus on continual improvement of programs and learning outcomes. Participate in curriculum and course development, course and program coordination, tutoring and advising students, mentoring and reviewing peers, and shared governance of the College. Must demonstrate a commitment to the diversity of a multi-cultural population, as well as work effectively in a team-based environment, seeking continuous improvement and adherence to the community college philosophy.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics or Statistics from a regionally accredited college or university; or, Master’s Degree (from a regionally accredited college or university) in a related field and a minimum of 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) of graduate-level coursework in Mathematics.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience teaching mathematics and/or statistics.
- Experience in department leadership support.
- Background in Mathematics Education.
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience at a community college.
- Experience teaching Math for Liberal Arts and/or Introductory Statistics.
- Experience in Development Mathematics leadership support.
- Experience developing and leading co-support courses.
For more information, follow the link to Lansing Community College’s job postings.
Lansing Community College is an equal opportunity, educational institution/employer.