Latest Edition of The Sum-Times is Out
The February 2021 issue of The Sum-Times has been published! I would also like to thank Shanna Simpson-Singleton, The Sum-Times Newsletter Editor, for putting together another wonderful newsletter. Please share the attached newsletter with your colleagues.
Keep in mind that if you are interested in submitting an article or information to be shared with your MichMATYC colleagues in the next newsletter issue, then you can submit those to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2021! Whether it is about an accomplishment of you or your colleagues, recent retirements, or new hires within your department, a short teaching topic or idea to share, or hints to help other members spend their professional time, please consider writing an article for the next issue.
In this issue, you will find articles, news, and updates on the following:
- Message from the President
- AMATYC Midwest Update
- Karen Sharp Student Scholarship Award
- MichMATYC Teaching Excellence Award
- Faculty Teaching Tip from Lillian Ryall
- Professional Development for New Faculty
- Virtual Traveling Workshop from October 2020
- Did You Know! from Jon Oaks
- MichMATYC Conference Call for Presenters
- Volunteer Opportunities in MichMATYC
- Affiliate Delegate Report from Shanna Simpson-Singleton
- Our Popular Campus News Section
- Event Calendar
- List of Campus Representatives
- Announcements for Upcoming Webinars
- MichMATYC Officers and Staff
- Reminder on Awards & Scholarships
The deadline for both the 2021 Karen Sharp Student Scholarship Award and the 2021 MichMATYC Teaching Excellence Award are quickly approaching in May! More information on both of these awards can be found on the MichMATYC website at michmatyc.org/awards.
- The nominations deadline for the Teaching Excellence Award is May 15, 2021
- The application deadline for the Karen Sharp Student Scholarship Award is May 31, 2021
I encourage you to reach out to anyone on the MichMATYC Executive Board if you have suggestions or ideas to implement within our organization. In addition, you can also please pass them to me in person or by email at email@example.com.