Volunteer to Evaluate the AMATYC Student Research League
From March 20 to April 6, the third AMATYC Student Research League (SRL) competition will be held. The competition requires groups of 1-3 students to perform research and to solve an open-ended question requiring mathematics. Students will defend their thesis in a formal paper.
The papers will be evaluated at multiple levels, but we need your help in recruiting people for the first level of evaluation. The Student Research League would like for each affiliate to recruit at least one person to evaluate the applications that will be from the AMATYC Midwest region.
Information for volunteers:
- This is an opportunity for you to see the great work students in your region are doing.
- Your involvement will be acknowledged with a letter from AMATYC, which may be useful for promotion purposes.
- You will be given the rubric that the final evaluators will be using, but you will not have to fill it out (use this link Evaluation Process link for details). You will simply be asked to comment on what the strong components of the entry are and what areas could use improvement. You will then give an overall rating of A, B, or C.
- You will be given the entries that you will be evaluating by April 22, and you will have until June 15 to complete your evaluations.
- We will try to limit the number of entries you need to evaluate to around a half dozen or so, but until we find out how many entries are in your region, we cannot say for sure. We will work with the volunteers so that no one is overwhelmed with too many entries to evaluate.
If you are interested in volunteering, please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Karen Gaines, Student Research League Coordinator at email@example.com.