Now Accepting Proposals to Present at the 2020 MichMATYC Conference
The 2020 MichMATYC Conference will be hosted at Lansing Community College on October 2-3. Proposals are now being accepted to present during the conference. If you have done any of the following, then you are in a key position to present:
- Attended a great workshop;
- Implemented a new course or different version of a course previously taught;
- Used innovative teaching/learning techniques;
- Introducing and evaluating critical thinking in the classroom;
- Participated in discussions/debates related to teaching mathematics;
- Share a topic that will enrich our understanding in a field of mathematics;
- Discuss how you implemented AMATYC Impact Live standards in your classroom.
We are going to have four 45-minute Breakout Sessions at the conference. If you are interested in leading one, please let us know by completing a presentation proposal form. Some of the ideas for the Breakout Sessions in past years have been:
- Math Pathways
- Corequisite Courses
- Critical Thinking in the Classroom
- Student Success Strategies
- Equity and Justice
- Best Practices for Teaching Online
If you have other topics you would like to present, please feel free to submit them. We would like to hear your ideas. We will also be hosting the inaugural Ignite session with all presenters having exactly five minutes to present their topic.
Whether it be a 45-minute session, workshop, round-table discussion, or Ignite talk, please consider submitting a presentation proposal for this year’s conference by April 30! The conference promises to be another great opportunity for us to learn and network with our colleagues from across the state.